The Road to Victory - gospel messages of God's Word


The path to victory Ready to victory How to fight a good fight



22 But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. James 1:22.

Today much has been said about the Pan-American on the World Cup and about the Olympics. These sporting events are highly anticipated and very exciting. It's great to watch a champion in action. We like to see the overcoming and victory of our athletes. We were very excited when, there on the podium in front of the flag and national anthem, our athlete shows all your joy and happiness. We feel very proud that they are winners. In a way we are winning a bit with them as they carry something in common: love of country.

However, a champion, an athlete feedback is not born from night to day. The winner of today was the beginner and the loser yesterday. He who today is receiving the coveted laurel wreath has not always been honored and recognized as a champion.

What is contributing to these athletes are winners and champions?

Many factors contribute to the formation of a champion. Among the many factors we can not deny that the constant training, where they are put into practice all the theory and tactics learned, the eagerness and discipline of each athlete are extremely important for the preparation and achievement of long-awaited victory.

So it is with our spiritual life. Our God tells us to not just be hearers of the Word of God. We hear it, store it in our hearts and practice it. Many are saying, but this is very difficult! How am I doing this?

It is not easy at all. The fight is great. So we can not rely solely on our thoughts and strength, our victory is not dependent solely on us. We are weak and sinners. We only want to do our will. Our flesh insists lead our lives. So we should support and ask God to help Him teach us to live and put into practice and transforming their true Word of Love.

We all know very well what are the inclinations of our flesh. Certainly, our flesh will always be subject to fall to the opposite side of God. Knowing that we are continually monitored and we do not have the strength to follow the path that it is important that we continually pray to God and ask Him to, the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, He will teach us to walk in his paths straight and not twisted in our paths.

This practice is very important for anyone who truly wants to be a person according to God's heart. The Apostle Paul taught us what is our condition in this game of life:

14 because we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For I do not understand it, because what I want, this is not practical, but what I hate, that I do. 16 And if I do what I do not, I consent unto the law, which is good. 17 Now, however, no longer I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing; to will the good in me, but is not effecting it. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want this practice. 20 Now if I do not want, I already do not do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21 I find then a law on me that, when I would do good, evil is present. 22 Because, after the inward man, I delight in God's law; 23 but I see in my members another law warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which dwells in my members. 24 O wretched man I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So I myself with the mind serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7:14 to 25

It's amazing how our weakness before the sin that overflows in our lives. On the other hand we feel much stronger and more normal to see a man so blessed as the Apostle Paul was not immune to this same relentless action of sin. Let us not deceive ourselves by never thinking to be all about control, because the battle is constant and the enemy of God gives us no respite:

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may stand against the wiles of the devil; 12 because it is not against flesh and blood that we wrestle, but against principalities, against powers, says the lords of this darkness, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and the breastplate of righteousness, 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 with all prayer and supplication praying at all times in the Spirit, and for the same purpose, the alert with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Ephesians 6: 10-18



8 The one you ought to anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 Indeed, not commit adultery, Do not kill, steal, not covet, and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying: Love your neighbor as yourself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor. So love is the fulfilling of the law. 11 And that, knowing the time, it is time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer to us than when we became believers. 12 The night is far spent, the day is near dispamo us, therefore, the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day: not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envy. 14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and have no care in the lusts of the flesh.

Romans 13: 8-14



So it was with the great Apostle Paul, and we will be no different. Paul comforts us and gives us an excellent way to combat this terrible reality: to serve God and listen and practice the Word of God with sincerity, love and perseverance.

Only then shall we do prevail in our lives, not our will but the will of the Lord Jesus Christ, the only one who has not sinned. The only one who was capable of humbling the flesh, sin and the father of sin, and powerful, made to God's will prevail over the will of the flesh. So our God exalted above every name and gave him all Honour and Power.

The Lord Jesus Christ, all honor, glory and power.

Amen and Thank God.

COMO SER FELIZ

USE O PODER DA SUA FÉ EM DEUS

NÃO ENCONTROU? PESQUISE AQUI

SIGA-NOS E RECEBA AS NOSSAS ORAÇÕES

Arquivo do blog